Lewis and Lilia Harrison speak throughout the world on world affairs, the arts, culture, business and travel. They can help make any cruise ship entertainment director’s job that much easier.
When they are not focused on specific destinations they love to lecture on the arts, culture, and world affairs where ever they can especially on cruise ships.
- Lewis is the international best-selling author of 14 books on Aging, Stress Management, Applied Game Theory, Longevity, Personal Finance, Asian History, Philosophy and Healthy Living.
- He is the host of an information rich and very humorous travel radio show on National Public Radio (NPR) affiliated Premier radio Network (WIOX 91.3 FM in New York). The show “What up? Ask Lewis” as well as the show on world affairs and multi-culturalism “That Was Zen, This is Tao” explores current affairs, travel tips, and interviews important thinkers and influencers in the arts, economics and world affairs.
Here are more Hi-lites of Lewis’ career as a professional speaker:
- Past president of the Tri-state NY Chapter of the National Speaker’s Association
- Founder of the Catskills Art and Culture Festival (http://www.catskillartandculturefestival.com/)
- Past chairperson of NSA’s “Wellness PEG” – Professional Experts group.
- Host of an informative and humorous interview and travel -talk show at WIOX 91.3 FM an NPR affiliated station. (Streaming at WIOXRadio.org).
- Offered numerous and varied programs for over two decades on travel, and world affairs, multiculturalism, the arts, wellness, and personal finance for The Learning Annex; a New York City Based pioneering adult education organization.
- Listed in “Who’s Who in Service to the World”
In recent years Lewis has cut back on his corporate speaking and public seminars so that he may spend more of his time writing, focusing on his radio show. doing charitable work, and traveling wherever Lilia decides they are going!
Lewis and Lilia’s schedule allows them to be available for cruise line speaking opportunities with as little as 48 hours notice.
Lewis and Lilia offer three types of presentations which can be customized to meet the requests of the cruise director or the cruise line:
- Destination presentations – These presentations include details of the ports of call including local areas of interest.
- Special interest destination presentations– These presentations include history of the destination, celebrities, important historical figures.
- Special interest presentations–Something specific that might be appealing to a cruising demographic.
Below is a link to a YouTube video of Lewis Harrison. It is a Q & A session with Phyllis Haynes an award winning journalist for ABC news. This interview is part of a documentary on his work.
Lilia Harrison, Lewis’ wife (and the love of his life) often makes presentations as part of his speaking programs and on her own. Lilia has a gentle laid back speaking style, has lived all over the world and has been a world traveler for over 40 years. She is of Asian birth speaks 3 languages and is a Canadian citizen. A former banking executive, she has a strong background in finance and world affairs and has a passion and well rounded knowledge of European history.
Concerning his customer service skills Lewis is a master of “rapport” and has a vast array of experience working in high demand situations.
Lewis’ insights and ideas are respected across the political spectrum:
- Has been invited to and attended meetings of the Council of Foreign Relations.
- Lewis has spoken at the Women’s National Republican Club,
- In 1999 he spoke about nuclear proliferation to the combined U.N. delegations of India and Pakistan for an episode of the BBC and Bravo Network Television Show “The Awful Truth”
- From 2005 – 2007 he coordinated V.I.P. services in over ten cities for the “Trump-Learning Annex Real Estate and Wealth Expositions”; working with Tony Robbins, George Forman, Magic Johnson, “Rich Dad, Poor Dad’s” Robert Kyosaki, Alan Greenspan former head of the Federal Reserve Bank and other’s. Concerning these Wealth Expos – Time Magazine stated:
“…Learning Annex puts a fresh face on adult education.”
Lewis offers 7 Programs on as a Cruise Guest Lecturer:
- Program #1:World Affairs: Trends in Inspired Political Leadership
- Program #2: World Affairs: Connecting the Dots?
- Program #3: World Affairs: Game Theory and the News of the Day
- Program #4: Art and Spiritual Traditions: Sacred Tools
- Program #5: Customized Wellness Talks
- Program #6: Port of Call:
- Program #7: For the Love of Film
….Of course Lewis can create many other customized programs as well. Just ask him about it.
Here are 7 short descriptions of sample talks Lewis offers. He can also customize presentations as needed.
Program #1 – World Affairs: Trends in Inspired Political Leadership
Great leaders have the ability to use various tools of influence to enlist the aid and the support of others in the accomplishment of a common task. A leader is not simply someone that others follow, or who guides or directs others.
Great leaders can:
- organize a group of people to achieve a commongoal.
- bring out the greatness in others.
- guide others in becoming great leaders.
- have a physical and psychological tool chest of tips, and strategies for transcending obstacles and challenges.
- inspire and motivate the team members and the citizenry – guiding them to maximize collective intelligence, and delegate the right jobs to the right people.
The path to becoming a great leader has radically shifted in the last decade.
In this talk Lewis offers attendees examples of great leadership. He describes how great world leaders used behavioral science, positive psychology, motivational and inspirational tools, and intuition to better society. By doing so they created, built, sustained and expanded the leadership potential in others; including their adversaries.
Program #2 World Affairs– Connecting the Dots?
In 1949 George Orwell’s futuristic masterpiece “1984” was published. “1984” has become a guidebook for many who are attempting understand trends in globalization and international relations. There are many points of view concerning the new “alternative realities” in world affairs. Some are based on guess work while others are derived from solid research, Using a non-controversial politically neutral perspective, with a bit of the Game Theory approach that is described in the Academy Award winning movie, “A Beautiful Mind”, Lewis explores current affairs in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Africa. In this thought-provoking and often humorous program, Lewis brings his futuristic, comedic, and “gamification” skills to explore many of the most common and unconventional theories; including the unconventional ones from the past that turned out to be true!
Lewis is not concerned with debunking any particular theory; but rather, brings easy to apply critical thinking tools, and invites his audience to use them in exploring how different theories develop, and by connecting the dots, become part of our common historical narrative..
Program #3 – World Affairs: Game Theory and the News of the Day
In this talk Lewis turns the pages of any news magazine or newspaper and explores the back story behind the written story.
No matter what we do in life we must strategize to get the greatest benefit at the lowest cost. Gamification and game theory are two approaches to this goal that have had tremendous success in all levels of society. Game theory was the subject of the Academy Award winning film, “A Beautiful Mind”, and the problem solving television show, “Num3ers”. In this lecture Lewis describes concepts (systems) that were created to explain why and how individuals and organizations including government strategize, i.e. make decisions when one person (or more people) might also affect the outcome of the decision.
Lewis studied the original concept of game theory, tweaked it a bit, and applied it to other disciplines to create an approach that any person can easily apply to see what may be happening between the lines of the daily news reports.
The Greek philosopher Socrates stated that, “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Any person who is interested in understanding current world affairs will delight in this interactive talk.
Program #4: Art, Mythology and Spiritual Traditions: Sacred Tools for Modern Times
Using his background in Philosophy, his writings on comparative religion and his role as the founder of the Catskills Art and Culture Festival, Lewis offers a non-denominational, and non-religious approaches to exploring the role of faith in the creation of spiritually motivated and inspiring art.
Through this informative and often humorous presentation, Lewis offers inspiring multi-cultural tips, tools and strategies to create a fulfilling spiritual experience no matter what one’s religious faith may be.
Included in the talk are:
- Three simple things you can do through to increase your sense of spirituality.
- How to create a community of “spirit” through the arts.
- How to create a sense of the “sacred” through the creation and experience of art.
Program #5 – Customized Wellness Talks
In our lives Wellness becomes an active process through which each of us becomes aware of, and makes choices toward, an existence in which we can maximize our mental, emotional and physical potential..
In his customized Wellness talks Lewis uses a holistic model to explain various approaches to wellness.
Program #6: Port of Call:
Based on the extensively well researched travel segments of Lewis’ NPR radio show he describes and ranks popular landmarks and sights in order of importance and includes suggestions on how to travel specific areas on a budget.
Program #7: For the Love of Film:
Lewis is a past member of the National Board of Review of Motion Pictures and he and his wife Lilia have viewed thousands of foreign and historically based films over the last eighteen years.
In this fun and entertaining talk Lewis and Lilia discuss aspects of the film making process. When relevant they will discuss different films that may have been “shot” in locals related to a specific cruise.
A Recommendation from Jack Canfield, the internationally acclaimed speaker and the co-author of the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series of books– ( which have more than 250 titles, with over 500 million copies in print in over 40 languages). This is what Jack had to say about Lewis’ speaking abilities:
“…presents a well organized step-by-step program. Following this program may have an immediate impact on your mental and physical health, and lead you to the threshold of a greatly improved quality of life. Harrison shows you how…..I recommend this man to anyone who wants less stress and more energy..”
When you require gifted and entertaining “destination” and “enrichment” speakers on your cruise Lewis and Lilia Harrison offer the “gold standard” for warmth, rapport with guests, strong customer service skills and generosity of spirit.
The Harrison’s offer information rich, inspiring, motivating and fun presentations and have been doing so for over 30 years
Lewis and Lilia Harrison look forward to becoming part of your cruise line’s family of lecturers and presenters.
Contact them at 212-724-8782 or by e-mail at LewisCoaches@gmail.com.
Below is Lewis and Lilia with their tour group in Cappadocia, Central Turkey in 2014.
Contact Lewis and Lewis and Lilia Harrison at 212-724-8782