http://www.amazon.com/Gamification-Business-Lewis-Harrison/dp/1628651083They just completed the Global Economic Summit is Davos, Switzerland. The heads of many nations convene to discuss and even influence the exonomic trends in the word
On the plane out West (I am presently teaching Game Based Thinking and Stress Management in Southern California and Mexico) I got into a conversation with an economist concerning globalization. Here are some of the ideas that we discussed.
- In our globalized environment there are many forces and events that propel us forwards and backwards in terms of security, economic abundance and general quality of life. Mixed spot analysis and tools for long-term perspective indicate that one of the key areas that must be addressed is the role of digital technology in our future, particularly robotics and artificial intelligence.
- Many developing nations must integrate shifts from a predominantly agricultural economy to an industrial, infrastructure, and export-driven economy. As this take place and often because of this other factors naturally arise especially consumer and discretionary spending, with anti-corruption and reform initiatives also in the mix.
- What globalization has done is create an environment where what one country does can have a huge impact on everyone else. Thus a great year in China is going to be a poor year in any other developing country. This is because at this point in time every economy feels the impact of business instability in China.
- With increased research in digital technology it is difficult to know what the new breakthroughs in AI are going to be and where they are going to come from.
- Right now it is showing up in platform based business like Air B & B, Uber and Amazon.
If you have an interest in world affairs and economics but don’t the time to explore this may give you a few things to think about.
How is all this affecting your life? For me? There my chair massage company – eventschairmassage.com – uses a platform business model to connect to meeting planners
Click below to observe a nine minute video interview Lewis did with the Award winning journalist Phyllis Haynes on why people suffer:
Lewis Harrison is the author of sixteen books including
“Gamification for Business”
” a book of concerned with personal development, human potential, and business excellence.
You can reach him at LewisCoaches@gmail.com
A NOTE FROM LEWIS HARRISON ABOUT HIS FREE COURSE
I have been contacted by many people who have studied with me over the last four decades. Many have an interest in my current ideas on personal development and human potential. These notes are being organized into a series of books titled the”Teachings of Lewis Harrison” of which Volume One is “Spiritual, Not Religious: Sacred Tools for Modern Times.
based on the positive response to this first Volume in the series I have organized a free course from my 20,000 plus pages of notes on:
How to Make Choices, Zen, Mystic Taoism, Game Based Thinking, Quantum Thought, Holistic Medicine and Healing and other areas of interest.
If you want to receive the course just send me an e-mail toLewisCoaches@gmail.com and write “Send Me the Free Course” in the subject line. If you like it and ask for the next lesson I’ll send you another one weekly.
If you are a social networker please “Friend” me, Lewis Harrison on face book “Like” my page at https://www.facebook.com/AskLewis/ and invite others who might benefit.
Lewis Harrison speaks to organizations and businesses of all types and offers seminars throughout the world on his work on the art and science of decision making through spiritually motivated “Game Based Thinking”.
His company www.eventsChairMassage.com offers chair massage services to meeting planners, event planners and incentive travel programs. Massage groups in his massage network offer services in all areas of the United States including: Chair Massage Chicago – Trade Show Massage Washington D.C. – Stress Master Massage Las Vegas – Castro District Corporate Massage San Francisco – Los Angeles Stress management Massage – and The Javits Center Chair Massage Company – Capital Chair Massage Albany NY
He also offers private fee based coaching programs.
Call him at 212-724-8782 for more information.